UNICEF reported in Child Trafficking in the Philippines that the primary causes of child trafficking in the Philippines include poverty, low economic development, gender inequalities, limited employment opportunities, lack of public infrastructure, inadequate awareness, and sex tourism.
Children in poverty need a home, love, clothes and education.
Called To Rescue is a non-profit worldwide organization given to rescuing minor children from sex trafficking, violence and abuse.
- 36,995 trained in awareness (as of November 1, 2013)
- We are dedicated to prevention through education and training of youth of all ages and their parents.
- We are dedicated to the child until he/she has experienced healing.
- We are dedicated to continuing in every aspect of awareness.
The statistics are alarming.
- an estimated 60,000 to 100,000 children in the Philippines are involved in prostitution rings (UNICEF)
- between 1.2 million and 1.8 million children are trafficked each year world-wide (International Labor Organization)
- about 8 in 10 of the suspected incidents of human trafficking were classified as sex trafficking (Bureau of Justice Statistics)
Watch our anti-human trafficking ambassador, Mark Munoz, on how to help.
Let's make everyone we know be aware of this information.
Support Called to Rescue by donating to their program today.