$

From Ashes, We Will Rise: Saint Joseph Parish

 TABUK, PH
$134.00
raised by 4 Givers
$636,000.00
goal amount
Tell a Friend
On the eve of the birth of our Lord, Jesus Christ while celebrating the Holy Mass, Saint Joseph Parish Church in Dagupan, Tabuk met a destruction through a fire. Now, we are knocking on your kind hearts to help build our Church that spreads the love of the Lord to more than 2,000 parishioners, and extending service to 12 barangays and communities in Tabuk City.
Story
Updates
People & Links

Brief History of Saint Joseph Catholic Mission

The Saint Joseph Church of Dagupan, Tabuk City, Kalinga was the first concrete church built by the Belgian CICM missionaries through the leadership of His Excellency Monsignor William Brasseur, First Apostolic Vicar of Mountain Province. The late Fr. Miguel Veys, CICM, then parish priest took the initiative to finish the church through the generous contributions of local and foreign benefactors. It was constructed after the feast day of the Three Kings in 1957 and inaugurated on March 23, 1958. With the growing number of churchgoers as a result of the continuous evangelization of the people, the church was improved and expanded by Rev. Fr. Mike Seys, CICM.

Cause of fire

The parishioners celebrated the birth of our Lord Jesus on the eve of December 24, 2017 in Saint Joseph Parish Church at 10 o’clock while the mass was going on, there was an abrupt power cut. It was remedied so that the mass could resume as there were many parishioners who attended. The mass was finished at around 12:00 midnight.  After the mass, we saw to it that the main switch and the church were closed.

While we were in deep slumber due to the various activities done previously,  the church was burned at 1:03 in the morning. The fire started at the upper front of the church.

The Bureau of Fire came to rescue us but the whole building was already eaten by fire. The investigation revealed that there must have been sparks at the main switch during the mass and only ignited into fire at 1 o’clock in the morning.

Some parts of the Church structure remained intact,  but most of it got destroyed. The assessment team from City Hall and Provincial Engineering Office recommended to demolish the entire structure for the safety of the Church-goers.

Temporary Site of Worship for Parishioners

A small covered court used by the students of Saint Theresita’s School is used as a temporary site of worship for the parishioners during Sundays and Holidays of Obligation. Weddings and funeral masses are held in nearby churches that have wider spaces for the families and their visitors.

Reconstruction of Saint Joseph Church

Duration: More or less 2 years

Beneficiaries: The reconstruction of the church building, will benefit the big community of Dagupan. Today,  Saint Joseph Church accommodates more than 2,000 parishioners attending Holy Masses on Sundays, weekdays and Holidays of Obligation.

Location:  The new church will be built at the site where the burned church was.  This is located in the city of Tabuk, Province of Kalinga, Northen Luzon. It is one of the mission stations of the Apostolic Vicariate of Tabuk under Bishop PRUDENCIO ANDAYA, CICM, DD.

We have entrusted the designing and completion of the church construction to a team of architects from the University of Saint Louis, Tuguegarao.

Funds for the Construction

Since the cost of construction materials and labor are high, we continuously raise funds for the project. We are counting on the contribution of the local community and the help of our benefactors as well as your usual support in this very emotional and devastating moment of our mission station.

 Budget:  The total cost of the Church project is estimated at: P 30,000,000.00 (US$600,000 or more)

No updates available.

Saint Joseph Catholic Mission
 TABUK, PH
Founded:
1949-03-19
Type:
Non Profit
Email:
jibiki1979@gmail.com
Contact Number:
09212533016
Address:
Dagupan Centro, Tabuk City, Kalinga Tabuk Car PH
About us:
The Saint Joseph Church of Dagupan, Tabuk City, Province of Kalinga was the first concrete church built by the Belgian CICM missionaries through the leadership of His Excellency Monsignor William Brasseur, first Apostolic Vicar of Mountain Province. The late Fr. Miguel Veys, CICM, then parish priest took the initiative of finishing the church through the generous contributions of local and foreign benefactors.

Givers